Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Long Hot Summer

Fall has finally arrived in Surprise, I'm loving the cooler days, being able to have the windows open for the first time in months, such a relief.
This was the first summer here in Arizona that I didn't pack up the pooches and head for cooler temperatures. It simply wasn't possible. My sweet 120 pound baby girl Hannah passed on August 30 after a long struggle with her hind legs. Poor thing could barely stand up anymore much less get in and out of the truck or Airstream in order to travel. I still can't talk much about that, losing her was one of the hardest things I have been threw and I've been threw a lot in my life.
So the summer was spent cleaning and organizing my house, going outside in 110 or so temps not an option. I learned this summer that I can easily live with less. I don't need "stuff" in fact I am sick of "stuff". As long as I have yarn to keep on knitting, a good dog by my side and the Airstream for escape I am pretty happy.
Rex & I have found a new routine for our life together. He was down in the dumbs when Hannah passed but then it dawned on him that he gets all the lovin' and all the treats now, having Momma all to himself again isn't so bad. I guess I always knew it would be just him & I again someday and he is such a good easy boy, I'm really enjoying our quiet little life. Although I get the evil eye from time to time when he's ready to hit the road and go camping. Looking forward to winter camping in Arizona with the 4 Corner's Unit of the WBCCI. First is Thanksgiving in Quartsite coming up in WOW a week or so, yippee. Then New Year's Eve at Picacho Peak State Park near Tucson and finally Presidents weekend at Dead Horse State Park in Cottonwood. All fun rallies with amazing Airstream people. Beyond that I just don't know what the future holds.

No comments: