Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Year's Eve & Dead Horse 5

Louis & Steve playing Cowboy which was the theme of the Rally at DH5
This is a large group site and we had 'em packed in.
Time to get that fire roarin' before the sun sets
New Year's Eve in the Desert


I don't have any pictures from the New Year's Eve at Picacho Peak State Park because bonehead me forgot to charge my camera battery, not my proudest moment. But someone did take one from the hill, we had another amazing turn out. The weather was an adventure in itself. One night we had such a storm, the winds were around 50 miles an hour, the traila was a rockin', rain was coming down it was a good night to turn in early and snuggle up. Then it just plain turn cold, I swear it took me a week to finally shake off the chill when I got back home, not that it was much warmer there.



DH5! Dead Horse State Park in Cottonwood, AZ annual rally~


I was so excited to get up to Dead Horse for the DH5 rally this year! It seemed like it had been so long since our New Year's Eve rally and I was ready to be back in the traila, hanging with my peeps. The back road I take to get to the 17 highway puts me on at New River Road, as I was passing under the bridge I see shiny silver going over! I new immediately that was Richard & Jan's gorgeous '75 heading on up. I got on my mobile and said 'hold on I'm catching up with you' so once again we were able to caravan to the rally together...I love caravaning!

The day we arrive was spectacular weather, sunny and warm little did we know what mother nature had in store for the rest of the long weekend, rain rain rain, cold as can be and even snow flurries for a brief moment. For me the weather was the least of my problems. On the second day I woke up with a tooth ache which progress into full on serious pain, I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat but did my best to down some bevvies. Luckily I found some of that stuff you put on babies teeth and Jan gave me antibiotics. Now my plan was to go straight from this rally to Palm Springs then onto Orange, Ca so the timing sucked. I had to stop at home for two days and have an emergancy root canal, draining my pocket book of nearly $2000, ouch.

Despite it all I still had a good time with friends! Now onto Palm Springs & Orange, CA.

No comments: