Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Palm Springs & Orange, CA

Two days after the DH5 Rally and the day after an emergency root canal I was back on the road.

For months I knew I needed to get to Orange, CA and Uwe at Area 63 Productions to have my trailer frame "stiffened" (insert obvious joke). I put a call out to the California Silver Sisters wondering who would like to get together impromto for glamping on my way up. Kristiana was going to be in Palm Springs for Modernism Week, I had missed it the previous year and was happy to make the stop and ofcourse Virginia was more than happy to hitch up and make the trek from Riverside. We officially have a girls weekend underway! Happy Trails Rv Park in downtown Palm Springs was already booked so I did some research to come up with a place to Virginia & I to park our trailers for the weekend. It looked good on website the place I booked us into, a little far from town but with mineral pools at $30 bucks a night what the hell. I drove in and immediately wondered what I got us girls into, this was a mobile home park with a few nightly rentals, not glamerous by any means but I have to admit the place grew on me. Poor Dick as usual there wasn't a patch of grass to be found but lots of friendly Canadians!

It was fabulous camping with Virginia and her daughter Lexi, getting to see Kristiana & her man G, Alison, Uwe and new trailer friends.

Sunday morning I head out to Orange California a new place in my travels. I checked into Orangeland Rv Park in the heart of town which is nice for a girl who tends to boondock (dry camp) most the time. Have to admit I do love hook ups from time to time. But I am there to get my Airstream frame welded first and foremost. I had only met Uwe one time at the Dead Horse Rally a year ago but with his reputation for restoring and working on Airstreams I knew he was the only one I trusted to fix my frame correctly, fairly so I could travel without worries. Having grown up and worked in the autobody industry I don't let just anybody work on my vehicles. I made the right choice! I was able to be part of the process and not simply trust that it was done correctly. Uwe's crew is amazing and I will always go back to Orange when my "Lucy" needs TLC.

1 comment:

Kristiana Spaulding said...

Miss Julianne,

May I tell you, you girls made my week! Thank you so much (Virginia & Lexi too), for bringing your beautiful sparkly selves to the show- you put such a smile on my face.

I'm glad your Airstream is now in a "stiffened" state, ready to take on the world again. That Uwe is a dynamo, so sweet too.

Love you girl & hope to see you soon...

xoxo,
Kristiana