Friday, July 8, 2011

June Rim Escape

No snaps on this journey. It was completely impromptu and a good getaway. June is fabulous in the valley as long as you have a backyard resort but still escape is always nice. Time to cruise to the Payson & Mongollon Rim, can't go wrong with good friends and hopefully cooler weather. First stop, visit Krissy and Cindy in Payson but their HOA not to happy about an Airstream in the drive, bummer. One evening of catching up, drinking wine and just being happy had to be enough unfortunately. Jim n Min were in their camphost spot at Mongollon campground, a favorite haunt. Mike & Sheri are in the mist of their first year and maybe only year camphosting down at Spillway campground. Both at Wood's Canyon Lake so good for getting together for traditional 4CU coffee, happy hours and dinner.

When trying to make my summer plans I just couldn't make up my mind. Seattle? Cali Coast?
Whole lotta thinkin' and calculatin' going on making this decision. Oh and I hate to plan, more of a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl. Been feeling like I lost my travel mojo the past year, damn I really hate to say that out loud but its the truth and it happens. The cost of keeping my home the way I love it doesn't always leave room for traveling the way I use to. Its a bitch but sometimes you just have to stay closer to home or home period. I'm growing to learn that okay, home can be good with good friends and a town you actually like living in.

So now in mid July when the Monsoon's have arrived and dry heat be damned its bloody humid here, the skeeters are out in full force in the greenbelts where Dick likes to stroll its time to get outta here! Flagstaff, Durango, Montrose, CO watch out for shiney traila 'cause we're hittin' the highway! The way I see it, sure I could stay home, roast, but Rex being 14 1/2 its probably his last summer, why not take our show on the road?

No comments: