Friday, January 13, 2012

New Adventure!

So much Shiney! And this was not even half of the trailers who showed up for New Year's Eve.
My foster pup who now has a new wonderful life in Tucson.
My rolling home.
It's been a long time since I've written on this blog. I just wasn't sure I had anything to say. After all the blog was about Airstream adventures with my dogs.
Rex passed away this past October leaving me completely poocheless, that meant a total change in my life. For nearly 15 years it was just me and my fur babies I was a dog momma. Time for a new chapter in life.
I did foster a Great Dane threw the local rescue group, she was a lovely 18 month old brindle girl. That was the test. Did I want another dog? She was the perfect Dane and sure I love her but nope I did not want another dog in my life full time. She found an amazing forever home and I couldn't be happier. Now from time to time I do dog sitting for friends and that suits me just fine. I get my fix then go back to my now 'normal' life.
Who am I kidding I've never been "normal" and I don't suspect I ever will be. I tried it once and it simply didn't fit.
I am certainly not one to sit around and do nothing. So with my new freedom I wondered 'what's next?'. I want to travel more that's a given, its what I do, what I love, my passion (that and knitting). Being stuck with a house that is underwater as they say on the mortgage can be frustrating even if I don't have the desire to move I needed options, I don't like the feeling of being trapped. Ran some ideas threw my wee brain and what I came up with was Vacation Rental. I have a nice home, very well decorated and comfortable people would want to stay here so why not give it a go. My house was listed on VRBO.com (vacation rental by owner) for less that a week and it was completely booked up for January 15 - March 31! Yup, two days and I am out of here and on the road in my Airstream for 10 weeks.
2012 is off to a fabulous start. I spent New Year's Eve with my Airstream family at Pichacho Peak State Park again this year. We actually had fantastic weather for once and even saw a meteor shooting threw the night sky on New Year's Eve, this was my first time seeing one and it blew me away, so amazing.
Looking forward to many more adventures, travel, good fortune and wish the same for you.
Don't think I'll be staying so quiet from now on.
~Julianne

1 comment:

Liz said...

Glad to hear you are on the move. Hope to meet you this year during your travels. I'll keep up with your travels here and on Ravelry. It's "oouchemama", LOL!!!