Friday, March 23, 2012

Cave Creek Regional Park

Absolutely love Arizona sunsets!
The spaces at Cave Creek Regional are huge.


One nice thing about staying close to home and basically camping in my own backyard is getting to experience the good and the not so good. Deliverance wasn't horrible but would I go back? Doubtful. One place that I will stay again is Cave Creek Regional Park. Not too far my my house and with the new Loop 303 opening that goes from the I-10 to the I-17 this park is a breeze to get to, makes going home to get mail or check on things even that much easier. Cave Creek Regional is a beautiful park, the spaces are huge and nicely laid out so you barely know there are other campers near you. Electric & water hookups make this a popular place, online reservations a bonus! The sunsets are amazing, hot air balloons over head in the mornings, I could rave all day about this park. Close enough to the town of Cave Creek which has everything you need from groceries, to Home Depot, wine bars, you name it. Its a bit of an upscale cowboy town and me strolling around like I just came off the beach made me note to self, whip out my gorgeous rarely worn cowboy boots next time I am in town. I had made a 5 night reservation for this park but when my schedule opened up and I discovered I could cruise to Palm Springs for Modernism Week again this year I changed my reservation to only 2 nights and that was no problem, the staff at the park made those changes for me without any hassle, just another reason to love this place. While I was there I got a lovely surprise, I was running to Richard & Jan's to do some much needed laundry (again) when I see a big blue truck with two kayaks on top, towing an Airstream. Well that could only be my dear friends Mike & Betty Gardiner from Michigan and since there is no place else out that way to camp I knew they were headed for Cave Creek Regional. The park was full with exception of the group dry camping area which suited Mike & Betty just fine. They had been at Dead Horse of course but its always nice to have a small gathering for impromptu happy hour. One thing I absolutely love about being on the road is more time spent with my friends...Cheers!

No comments: