Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ventura Beach

Lucas the Dane & His human John, Main Street Ventura.
Santa Barbara Harbor
Riding along the coast
Fabulous dry camping
One of the things I love about traveling to the Central California Coast is when I'm rolling down the 101, take that curve in Ventura and there it is the beautiful ocean. Instant attitude adjustment. Suddenly I forget I just drove 3 and a half hours threw some of the worst traffic in the country (Burbank you can suck it). It's like coming home.
This trip I decided to stay someplace I hadn't been before Ventura Beach Rv Resort. Loved the location! Time to park the truck and take to two wheels. Main Street Ventura is less than a mile away and the bike path rides you threw Emma Wood State Beach and along the ocean past other dry camping spots. Gorgeous views and a good workout too. I stayed here for a week.
Saturday morning, up at the crack, I send my darling friend Meredith a text, didn't wanna call too early, asking her if she'd like to join me for an afternoon of Airstreams and lunch. I had seen Paula Poll at Modernism, she had her amazing Airstream, revamped by Uwe on display. Paula told me about the Vintage Airstream Rally at one of my favorite spots Ocean Mesa at El Capitan happening that weekend. I didn't want to be apart of the rally, these folks go all out and I needed some down time but I sure as shit wanted to go by and say hello. Lucky for me Meredith had the time to spend the day with me. I adore Meredith, she is so kind, so mellow and a dear dear friend. Spending time with her is time I cherish. So I make my way to her home in Santa Barbara, say hello to her two pooches and two children Drew & Taylor, then we're off. First stop the Vintage Rally, then lunch at a fabulous spot for some Mexican food and of course a Sangria, then strolling the used bookstore where we both found books we were looking for. Being a Seattle girl if there's a fresh fish market anywhere close by I am there! Meredith turned me onto The Santa Barbara Harbor Fish Market, oh my. What is better than your pick of fresh fish and being waited on my handsome fish dudes...um not much. It was a wonderful day.
Sunday morning I rode to Main Street for a coffee and to simply sit and enjoy the vibe and people watching. That is where I met Lucas the Great Dane and his human, John. Those of you who know me well know I loves me the Danes, my absolute favorite breed, I can't get enough of them. Well, not so much that I want another one in my bed for 11 years (Miss you Hannah P!). I get my Dane fix where I can.
Monday was shopping day. I discovered that the Camarillo Outlet Mall has an AG Jeans store, these are my favorite jeans so even though I'm not a huge fan of shopping I couldn't resist getting jeans that retail for over $200 at a discount. While I was at it I threw in a new pair of corral colored wedges that are to die for, I go from 5'3 to 5'6 or higher just by putting them on, love it.
Then the bummer comes, the freakin' flu, no bueno. Tuesday morning I go for a nice long bike ride along the ocean, get back to the traila and my lungs are killing me. Yeah sure I smoke but that doesn't effect my exercise, usually. Then the sneezes kick in, the cough starts up and I'm a gonner. Time for some R & R and I know just the place to do it, booked at week at the luxurious Ocean Mesa at El Capitan, visiting there for the Vintage Rally reminded me this place is a slice of heaven and just what I needed at this point in the journey.

No comments: