Sunday, April 5, 2015

Loving Life on the Road

Pleased to report that one month into this journey of living and traveling full time I have zero regrets. I do not miss owning (or it owning me) a traditional home. The way it all came about I figured it had to be fate. I was not prepared to list my home yet, knowing full well I had way too much stuff to liquidate but my real estate friend said she would come over and take pictures and show them to some folks from California who were interested in buying a home in Surprise. This was January 16th the day after my birthday. Three days later I was signing a purchase and sale agreement. From there on it was full tilt boogie to get everything gone and moved on. I had considered getting a storage unit but in the end when I looked around my house I knew there was nothing there I could not live without. I did however place two of my favorite pieces of art in the good home of two dear friends.
I was fortunate that the new owners of my home liked my style and purchased it furnished and decorated, that saved me so much hassle. As it was getting rid of everything else was non stop work for the 5 weeks I had to complete the task. Happy to say I lost a wee bit of extra poundage in the process, by March 5th when I pulled out of my driveway for the last time my pants were practically falling off me and the bags under my eyes could have filled that extra space. Exhausted as I was it was all worth it. I feel so free!
During this time my Airstream underwent her own transformation and honey she is perfect for this new lifestyle. I never could stand the darn dinette, had been wanting it gone and replaced with a super sexy sofa for years. Camping at the annual New Year's Eve rally I casually asked Michael Luta who had completely redone his and his wife Nikki's 1972 Airstream if he would be interested in a new project, days later my trailer was in his driveway getting her new look. This is before I even knew that in just weeks I would be making her my permanent rolling home. I simply could not be happier as I sit and write this in my cozy rounded snuggle spot where there once was a desk that got very little use. My super awesome love pup is happy in our new digs also, we can both comfortable live in this small space. Yesterday was the first time he did his get all crazy run around bouncing off the walls because we're going bye bye and it was hilarious the way he made it happen, jumping from the sofa to door and back again in perfect repetition, I just stood back and laughed. He is the very best companion I ever could hope for on this adventure. We are quite literally happy campers.
Traila done!
Traila with dinette removed.
One of my favorite design additions to my traila is the built in wine rack, it is spectacular, just incredibly difficult to photograph. So the solution is if you want to see it come see me!
Cheers.

No comments: