Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pup sitting in Payson

Silly C.C.
Okay so I haven't spent the entire time on the road in the Airstream I took a week to chill out in Payson at the lovely home of my friends Krissy & Cindy. Before I left Surprise I was on the phone with Krissy telling her I would be on the road and would love to see them when she informed me they were going to Vegas for a convention and would be gone 5 nights. I on the fly said "If you need a pup sitter for little C.C. I would be happy to come up" and there you go the hands of fate filled another week for me.
After my time in Tempe I swung by Surprise to drop the traila off at my storage place, stop by the house to pick up mail and head trailerless up to Payson. Now to be honest I am not a fan of staying at other people's homes, preferring the comfort of my own stuff but Krissy & Cindy's home is another story, I feel so comfortable there and that says a lot. Another hit of honesty is we all know I am a fan of the Big Dogs so taking care of a wee little thing like C.C. sort of scared the crap out of me. What if I broke her? I had nothing to fear, sure C.C. is a pocket pooch but she is one cool little Pom. She soon discovered when sleeping with me the safest place is up on the pillow next to my head so she didn't get squished during my nightly tossing and turning, smart dog. Wouldn't you know the day after Krissy & Cindy left I was watching the local news when I hear that its coyote mating season and here I am in the mountains surrounded by forest and taking a coyote snack on walks every couple hours. I had horrible visions of a coyote popping out of the bushes and taking C.C. leash and all. Oh the stress! Luckily C.C. & I survived the week and she was so happy when Momma came back home and so was I. Another adventure under my belt, it was time to head back to the city and a little rv park I would come to call Deliverence.....

No comments: